We cordially invite you to this month’s post-election meeting of the Central Committee of the Democratic Party of Multnomah County. The meeting will take place:
Thursday, November 8
Hollywood Senior Center
1820 NE 40th Avenue, Portland 97212
Our schedule is as follows:
6:00 PM Doors open.
6:30 PM Registration and Sign In
7:00 PM Business Meeting begins
8:00 PM Credentialing Ends
9:00 PM Scheduled end of Business Meeting
CREDENTIALING (REGISTRATION FOR VOTING) ENDS AT 8:00PM, when numbers present are reported to the Recording Secretary.
We will be voting on ALTERNATE SCC DELEGATES. There are openings to the State Central Committee — the governing body of The Democratic Party of Oregon. We will vote to select 4 male and 3 female alternates to fill the remaining terms. Consider submitting your name for consideration at the meeting with the opportunity to attend the 4th Quarter SCC meeting on Dec 1 and Dec 2 as an alternate delegate.
We will be voting on three amendments to the bylaws. You may find these amendments here. These have to do with:
- Removing elected public officials as members of the Central Committee, unless they are otherwise members by virtue of being a PCP or officer; and,
- Changes to the way the Party Organizational Meeting is run in odd-numbered years.
We will also be voting on one resolution: 2018-16 Regarding Disenfranchisement and Eradication of Transgender/Non-Binary People
It is 5 days until the election! In order to elect Kate Brown and defeat these disastrous ballot measures, we need every PCP in the Party to get involved.
- GOTV events – canvassing, phone banking, and text banking – are taking place every day at SEIU Local 503 Headquarters, 6401 SE Foster, Portland 97206.
- Phone banking and text banking is also taking place at Multnomah County Democratic Party Headquarters at 3551 NE Sandy, at the following times: Saturday 11 – 2, Sunday 2-5, and Monday 5-8
- If you can, talk to your district leader about dropping slate cards.
- Last but not least, tell your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and everyone else, about MultDemsVote.com. MultDemsVote.com is one-stop shopping for voter registration, candidate information, ballot measures, and volunteering.
We are running a a sock drive for homeless shelters and the houseless. Please bring new or gently used socks either to the Central Committee meeting or to MCDHQ (3551 NE Sandy). Two-thirds of the socks will go to shelters, and one-third will go directly to the houseless.
Watch this space for minutes and agenda.