Oregon has four regularly scheduled elections a year, with the next one coming up on Tuesday, May 18th. Next month’s MultDems Digest will include an updated guide. Please note: Per our bylaws, no endorsements of any candidates will be made by the Multnomah County Democratic Party.
- Important Dates:
- April 27 – Voter Registration deadline
- April 28 – Ballots mailed to voters
- May 11 – Last day for voters to safely return their ballot by mail
- May 18 – Election Day (ballots due by 8 PM)
List of Democrats on the Ballot:
- Portland Public Schools
- Zone 4
- Zone 5
- Zone 6 – Two Democrats are running:
- Note: If you want some great context on the school board elections, watch Shani Harris-Bagwell, political director for Imagine Black (and HD42 precinct committee person!), interview Libra Forde and Michelle DePass:
- Portland Community College (map of zones)
- MESD – Multnomah Education Service District
Measures on the Ballot:
- Measure No. 26-221: Five year levy: Oregon Historical Society Library, Museum, educational programs (Click Link for Full Explanation)
- Short Summary: Renewal of this levy will continue to support the OHS’s museum, library, educational programs without increasing taxes.
- Measure No. 5-285: Replacement five-year local option levy for emergency service operations (Click Link for Full Explanation)
- Short Summary: Scappoose Rural Fire Protection District provides fire, rescue, and emergency medical services. Measure is asking to increase the existing levy by $0.75 (for a total of $1.24 per $1,000 of assessed value for five years beginning 2021-2022), which will retain all current emergency response staff and add three additional 24-hour positions and improve response times.