Join us to move this critical law forward
As we move closer to a landmark climate bill in Oregon, the week ahead is very exciting. All of your letters and testimony have made a difference for cap and invest. Now is the time to have an even bigger presence in Salem. You can be involved. Read on.
- SB1530 will be heard in the Ways and Means Committee on February 24th at 9 AM, Hearing Room F. Let’s show our strength by filling the hearing room and overflow.
- The parallel bill, HB 4167 has also been referred to Ways and Means. The hearing date is not set for HB4167.
This is a great time for more emails and letters to your representatives. Message: Climate change is an emergency. SB1530 (HB4167) is a good start. The cap reduces dangerous pollution. Big polluters will pay their share. The investment in Oregon will go to local communities, benefitting rural Oregon and others hardest hit by climate change.
- Email to the members of the Ways and Means Committee Click here. You are two clicks away from starting those emails.
- Email and letters to your Senator and Representative.
- Please also schedule in-person meetings with them next week.
- Letters to the editor about the bill.
- Here’s a link to clear true reporting from the Statesman Journal
- If you are in a District that walked out last year, please also consider a letter to the editor about the importance of legislators staying at work and doing their job.
Renew Oregon is setting up a meeting room for the week, Monday – Friday 9 – 4:30 next week. Please RSVP to Renew for the dates and times you can attend. Let us know if you can drive or need a ride.
Representatives from MultDems Climate Action Team will deliver cookies and a letter of support for the bill to every Senator and Representative.