On August 8, at the Central Committee meeting, we will hold a special election to fill the vacant position of Treasurer of the Democratic Party of Multnomah County. Are you interested in using your knowledge of budget and finance to help Democrats win in 2020? It is time to throw your hat into the ring.
As Treasurer, you will be a member of the Admin Team and have fiduciary responsibility to:
- Be custodian of all Party funds;
- Maintain appropriate financial records;
- Submit a report to each Central Committee meeting which includes a summary of income, expenses and ending balance;
- File or cause to be filed all reports required by any government agency;
- Manage contracted bookkeeping and campaign finance reporting services;
- Prepare and submit to the Executive Committee an annual report for each calendar year in time for the report to be published by March 31st of the following year;
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Budget & Finance Committee.
- Serve as a member of the seven person Administration Committee which oversees party business.
The term will be until the next party Organizational meeting in early 2021 (Article V Section 5 Part D of our bylaws).
If you understand that a tight financial ship is key to our success as Democrats, the party needs your vision and effort.
As treasurer, you will be part of the team that guides our growth. We are working to strengthen the party for impact and influence leading up to and beyond the 2020 elections. You will be involved with fundraising, planning, strategy, and compliance.
When Democrats win in 2020 because of good fundraising, budgeting and financial management we will be set up for our future work.
Any citizen of Multnomah County registered to vote as a Democrat is eligible to hold any officer position of the Democratic Party of Multnomah County.
The Democratic Precinct Committee Persons (PCPs) of Multnomah County who are present at the August 8, 2019 Central Committee meeting are eligible to vote.