Do you have skills in budget, fundraising, or event organizing? Are you seeking the volunteer opportunity that can help move your Democratic values forward?
If you are ready to commit the time and skills to making a difference as we prepare for 2020, Multnomah Democrats are looking for enthusiastic, qualified people to serve as chairs and members for three critical committees:
- Community Action
In these roles, you can raise the profile and effectiveness of the Democratic Party of Multnomah County.
- Committee chairs must be precinct committee persons (PCP).
- Appointment is for a two-year term
- Attend regular monthly meetings
- The Chair of each Standing Committee other than the Credentials Committee will be proposed by the Party Chair and approved by the Executive Committee.
The Budget and Finance Committee responsibilities
- Solicit input from standing and special committees and prepare and submit a proposed budget to the Executive Committee by July 15th;
- Submit budget to the Central Committee for approval within 60 days of approval by the Executive Committee;
- Create a multi-year budget plan for the Party;
- In conjunction with the Fundraising Committee, prepare an annual plan to raise the revenue to finance the activities in each current or proposed budget.
Community Action Committee responsibilities
- Recommend events that advance the Party’s mission. Coordinate volunteers and materials for approved events;
- Assist District Leaders and PCPs with local events;
- Maintain a calendar of events of interest to Democrats;
- Reach out to individuals, communities, and organizations that share our interests and goals;
- Assist the Party and other Democratic Party entities with events held in the county.
Fundraising Committee responsibilities
- In conjunction with the annual budget planning process, develop a fundraising plan to, at a minimum, provide for budget expenditures;
- Determine annual capacity for Party fundraising events, including a major fundraising event in honor of Dick Celsi;
- Provide primary leadership and oversight of Party fundraising events and programs;
- Develop and utilize all available tools to fulfill fundraising goals;
- Assist House Districts, Party committees, and Party members in organizing local fundraising events;
- Develop and operate programs to ensure communication with current and potential donors;
- Maintain a database of past, present, and potential Party donors;
- Assist Party officers, committee chairs, and District Leaders in making personal contacts for fundraising purposes;
- Develop and maintain the donor program, including donor recognition.