The Democratic Party of Multnomah County calls for clear, simple language to provide relief for our people and our communities.
The US Treasury will disburse $2,000 per month to every U.S. resident for a 12 month period to provide relief during the pandemic.
Please help us spread this message.
“In Oregon and across the country, too many people are struggling to pay rent, afford medicine, and buy groceries. The Emergency Money for the People Act would provide monthly payments of $2000 for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, giving people certainty and reliability when they need it most. I’m proud to co-sponsor this bill and urge my colleagues in Congress to join me in supporting this important legislation.”
— Suzanne Bonamici (D-OR1), Cosponsor of H.R. 6496
Please contact your friends and their legislators now to sign on to HR 6496 and the corresponding Senate Bill – Let’s get this passed. Share this page to let them know what they can do to move this forward.
Take Action Now
- Find your Senators and Representative at https://www.commoncause.org/find-your-representative/
- Tell them to support HR 6496 “Emergency Money for the People Act” and SB 3784 “Monthly Economic Crisis Support Act”
- Tell your community! Facebook groups, organizing teams, and friends and family.
- Share this page, and the hashtag #2000now & #BailoutThePeople
- Reach out to Multnomah Democrats to help us in our efforts at multdems.org or email email@example.com
Read the Bill
Sponsored by Tim Ryan (OH) Ro Khanna (CA) Rep. Suzanne Bonamici (OR CD1), Rep. Earl Blumenauer (OR CD3) and others.
S. B. 3784: Monthly Economic Crisis Support Act
Sponsored by Kamala Harris (CA), Bernie Sanders (VT), Ed Markey (MA), and Kirsten Gillibrand (NY).
MultDems Letter of Support
Read the message we are sending to legislators and stakeholders letting them know where we stand.
We All Deserve an Economic Boost
Over 40 years of trickle down economics we have given our tax money to grow the wealth of companies like Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, and fund the military industrial complex. Now it’s time for us to get our dividend refunded. $2000 NOW!